These lovely little balls of yum can be eaten as a finger food snack, with a lovely salad to create a healthy meal or even on wraps for a vegetarian alternative to meatballs!
1 x 425 g tinned natural beetroot (not pickled) - I used Edgells, alternatively you could steam and peel 3 medium beetroot.
2 x 400 g tin beans of choice rinsed and drained (chickpeas, kidney beans, cannellini beans - I used kidney)
4 cloves of garlic
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
1 Teaspoon ground coriander
1 Teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
1. Add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse till combined but still with a little texture.
2. Form into balls and place on a lined baking tray. (Mixture may be a little wet depending on the beans you have used, just use moistened hands to shape as best you can. I like them to be a little rough as when they are baking, they develop a nice crunchy outside)
3. Lightly spray with extra virgin olive oil and bake for approximately 30 minutes or till outside is golden at 180°
4. Serve with your choice of salad and the felafel topped with the yoghurt sauce.
1 cup natural Greek yoghurt
1 handful fresh mint finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1/2 teaspoon himalayan pink salt
Juice and zest from half a lemon
1. While the felafel are baking, mix all the dressing ingredients well.
Enjoy healthy food! x