There’s something so comforting about a warming bowl of soup 🥣 especially if you’re not feeling the best. Sometimes even just the act of holding a bowl/mug of nourishing soup makes you feel better!
When ingredients are cooked slowly and allowed to soften, it makes digestion that much easier for the body to handle, great for when your body is overburdened. 👌🏼
Ingredient: Serves 6
3 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
80g grass fed butter/ghee
1/3 cup flour of choice for thickening
2 garlic cloves chopped finely
1 large brown onion
1 leek halved lengthwise and chopped
2 medium carrots chopped
1 celery stick chopped
1 cup corn kernels (frozen, fresh or tinned - drained)
1 medium potato peeled and diced into small pieces
750ml - 1L homemade chicken broth
700ml milk (you could use a milk alternative)
Freshly cracked black pepper
1 Tablespoon thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
Shredded free range chicken meat from half a cooked/bbq chicken
Season to taste
1. Heat oil & butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, leek and garlic till softened but not browned.
2. Add carrots and celery and cook till slightly softened.
3. Sprinkle in flour and mix until incorporated, stir constantly for 1 minute.
4. Add broth slowly, mix until flour is incorporate.
5. Add diced potato and corn to soup, simmer for 3 minutes. 6. Slowly stir through the milk, simmer for 5-8 minutes over medium/high heat till soup start to thicken. Stir slowly to avoid soup sticking to bottom of pot. 7. Stir through shredded chicken, pepper and herbs. Slow simmer 2-3 minutes. Season to taste. Serve.
Enjoy nutritious food! X