Using seasonal greens and herbs with free range bacon and organic pasta this dish is a delight for the taste buds! It's even better reheated the next day when the pasta structure turns to a more beneficial starch that increases the fibre content of the meal.
1 onion diced
250 g free range bacon chopped
300 g button mushrooms sliced
1 large bunch of garden greens chopped roughly (these may include: rainbow chard, spinach, baby spinach, kale etc)
500 g organic tri colour pasta
500 g cream cheese
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1 cup chopped fresh seasonal herbs chopped finely (these may include: parsley, thyme, chervil, marjoram, chives, savory)
1. Cook pasta till al dente (use pasta that has been cooked the day before and reheat for this dish if you are looking to gain resistant starch benefits).
2. In a large pan, saute onion and bacon till just coloured.
3. Add in sliced mushrooms in batches allowing them to colour up rather than stew.
4. Stir in cream cheese, breaking apart the lumps till softened.
5. Add stock and allow flavours to combine before adding pasta.
6. Fold through cooked pasta till coated.
7. Add in the greens and herbs (keep some herbs for sprinkling on top), stir through, turn off heat and cover with lid for 2-3 minutes to let the greens wilt but still retain colour.
8. Sprinkle with remaining herbs and serve.
Enjoy healthy food xx