Whenever I'm cooking, if I'm going to make something gluten free for whatever reason, I'll always try to make something that isn't full of nasty fillers or ingredients that may cause digestive upset in some people. In this case I find buckwheat a greatly nutritious ingredient to work with and it adds its own unique taste to many recipes.
150 g buckwheat flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 level tablespoon organic stevia leaf powder (not the white highly processed powder)
1/2 cup pureed apple
1/2 cup chopped walnuts and extra to top
1/2 cup golden berries or dried figs
2 cups grated carrot
2 large/jumbo/duck eggs
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven 180° fan force.
2. Lightly oil and line two 26 cm x 8 cm baking tins or a pan loaf tin with baking paper.
3. In a mixing bowl, sift flour, bicarb, cinnamon and stevia leaf. Lightly combine.
4. Add in remaining ingredients and stir through well till mixed.
5. Pour in to baking tins and cook till lightly browned and skewer/knife comes out clean - approximately 20-30 minutes.
6. Cool in tin.
Enjoy served with lemon and honey cream cheese frosting or warm with butter!