Word of warning: This is a seriously chocolatey cake and the darker the chocolate, the better!! It's flourless too, but you wouldn't know it as it's so super cake like, especially the next day once it sets properly.
500 g good quality dark (minimum 85%) chocolate
125 g good quality unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
6 eggs separated
1/3 cup panela (unrefined sugar)
200 g good quality dark (minimum 85%) chocolate
80 g good quality unsalted butter
300 ml thickened cream
1. Preheat oven 180°C, grease and line a 24 cm spring form cake tin.
2. Gently melt chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove before all chocolate has melted, stir gently as residual heat will melt the remaining. Cool slightly.
3. Whisk egg yolks and sugar till creamy and thick, add in vanilla paste and cooled chocolate butter mix.
4. Whisk egg whites till stiff peaks form, fold into chocolate mix carefully to avoid losing air.
5. Gently pour into cake tin, smoothing evenly and carefully.
6. Bake approximately 40 minutes or till knife blade comes out with a slight streak of crumbs and top is crackled. Cool in tin. Remove and place on a plate once cooled.
7. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt and stir ganache ingredients gently till combined.
8. Cool in fridge to thicken slightly before drizzling/spreading or serving with cake.
Enjoy and savour a small slice with those you love x