Updated: Oct 28, 2017
'MediterrAsian' Chicken Wraps
500 g free range organic skinless chicken breast cut into thick strips.
4 large sprigs of fresh rosemary chopped finely
2 large lemons zest and cut into quarters
2 tsp chilli flakes
1/4 c Tamari sauce
6 garlic cloves smashed but keep skin on to prevent burning and develop sweetness
1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
1 cup pitted kalamata olives
Wraps of your choice
NB; This dish is just as nice served with a delicious side salad.
This recipe has a unique Japanese twist on the traditional Mediterranean flavours by adding in the tamari sauce, yet it works wonderfully!
1. Preheat oven 200° and heat the roasting dish.
2. In a large bowl (not metal as this reacts with lemon juice) combine chicken, rosemary, lemon zest, some juice from two lemon quarters, chilli flakes, tamari and olive oil. Make sure chicken is coated well.
3. Remove hot dish from oven and pour chicken mix, scatter around garlic cloves and push lemon quarters amongst chicken.
4. Bake uncovered in oven for 25-30 minutes after which time gently turn chicken pieces over and add olives #sandhurst . Cook another 20 minutes till golden brown.
5. Remove from oven, squeeze roasted lemons over chicken and serve with wrap fillings.
I used spinach wraps, baby spinach leaves, fire roasted capsicum strips #sandhurst and sun dried tomatoes.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe and the combination of flavours! x
It's important to let the flavours of food do the talking and not over complicate things too much. I avoid using too much added salt as I feel it sometimes prevents other ingredients from speaking up in dishes!