I recently co-hosted a health retreat and was asked to post the recipes of what I had catered for on the day. This salad got a lot of great feedback so I'd love to share it with you.
Full of fibre, antioxidants, protein and minerals, this salad is a great vegan (swap the honey for a vegan sweetener if full vegan) meal in itself or as a side to accompany a barbecue or other foods.
Let me know how you go if you make it for your next salad!!
Ingredients: Serves 4 - 6
2 cups red rice cooked using absorption method
1 500g block organic non GMO tofu cut into cubes
2 large ripe mangoes peeled and flesh sliced
2 shallots sliced on an angle
3 cloves garlic crushed
1 inch knob of ginger grated
2 Tablespoons raw honey (maple syrup for vegan option)
1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c organic apple cider vinegar
Chilli flakes (optional)
Juice and zest of 2 large oranges (if the oranges are not that juicy, you may require more)
1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
Salt to season
1. In a bowl, combine marinade ingredients and tofu, toss well. Ideally refrigerate for several hours or overnight if possible.
2. In a hot fry pan, cook marinated tofu, don't turn too often, let the sides get some colour. Remove from heat.
3. In a jar, mix dressing ingredients and shake well before dressing.
4. Place rice in a salad bowl, toss through the pieces of tofu. Stir dressing through well.
5. Add in the slices of mango and shallots. Gently toss through.
Enjoy food x