Curries are wonderfully warming, can be a great way to incorporate a variety of ingredients including vegetables, fruits, meats or in the case of this one, fish.
Ingredients: (serves 6)
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
2 Large onions sliced
3 cloves fresh garlic chopped/crushed
2 large heaped Tablespoons of Kapitan curry paste
2 medium red capsicums cut in to large pieces
4 carrots cut on diagonal
2 x 400 ml coconut cream
1 L fish/vegetable/chicken stock
250 g fresh green beans topped and tailed
1 kg fresh snapper cut into large chunks
1 x 200 g packet sweet potato noodles cooked in hot water til soft
1. In a large casserole pot, saute onions and garlic in EVOO over medium heat. Add in curry paste and stir till aromatic.
2. Add in capsicums and carrots, stir till coated.
3. Pour in coconut cream and stock, stir well and bring to boil.
4. Lower heat, add in fish, cook 2 - 5 minutes depending on thickness of fish.
5. Add in green beans and cover pot, leave to cook in residual heat for 10 minutes and your fish will be cooked to perfection with beans still green and not over cooked.
Enjoy good food x